big companies not telling the truth?

WASHINGTON =97 The Justice Department disclosed Wednesday it wants to require the tobacco industry to admit publicly that smoking causes a multitude of medical problems, killing 1,200 Americans every day. The government proposed that a federal judge order the companies to say in advertisements that they lied to the public about the safety and dangers of smoking.

Read more: Justice Department wants tobacco industry to admit lies - The Denver Post

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content:

Bjorn

Well, let's apply the same rule to all companies. How many people are killed in automobiles each day? By electricity?

One of the most dangerous substances in existence is di-hydrogen monoxide, which kills thousands daily, either directly or indirectly. Let's ban that stuff too.

Just for the record, yes, smoking is a disgusting, dirty, smelly habit that destroys the health and kills people. Anyone who smokes makes the statement "I don't care about my health, how I look or smell, only want to get a bit high and look 'cool'..."

Reply to
PeterD

Stop smoking. Live forever. We will never have to die with the government protecting us.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX