big companies not telling the truth?

WASHINGTON The Justice Department disclosed Wednesday it wants to require the tobacco industry to admit publicly that smoking causes a multitude of medical problems, killing 1,200 Americans every day. The
government proposed that a federal judge order the companies to say in advertisements that they lied to the public about the safety and dangers of smoking.
Read more: Justice Department wants tobacco industry to admit lies - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_17467680#ixzz1EsQCV4T2 Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
On 2/24/2011 6:59 AM, Bjorn wrote:

Well, let's apply the same rule to all companies. How many people are killed in automobiles each day? By electricity?
One of the most dangerous substances in existence is di-hydrogen monoxide, which kills thousands daily, either directly or indirectly. Let's ban that stuff too.
Just for the record, yes, smoking is a disgusting, dirty, smelly habit that destroys the health and kills people. Anyone who smokes makes the statement "I don't care about my health, how I look or smell, only want to get a bit high and look 'cool'..."
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Bjorn wrote:

Stop smoking. Live forever. We will never have to die with the government protecting us.