Black Buttons ??

Wrong group - I know ... but I saw a new Lexus ES 430 today and all four door handles had a black rubber covered button on the door handle , about the size of an M & M ( peanut butter ). The handles looked like
pull out handles.
Any ideer's what the rubber button does?
Harry, I thinkl those may be access hole plugs, to remove the handle?

-