Blower fan resistor pack

'02 Impala LS My fan stopped working at the lowest setting. Figured I'd remove and check the fan resistor pack - what a nightmare. I fiured I'd have to stand on my
head to get it out, but the rear screw is so buried behand the foam/plastic floor/firewall cover, I can barely get a finger on it, much less a socket.
Any tips on getting this part out? What's ballpark to have the dealership finish the job for me?

I always use a 1/4" nut driver with a swivel for that booger. It never goes back in either! Just keep fighting it - you'll get it. Swear a bit - that always helps.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I've always just loosened the rear one slightly rather than removing it completely.
Cut a notch out of the floor mat.