Blower resistor location on 97 Trans Sport

Hi here, I have a 97 Pontiac Trans sport. The blower fan works only on 3-5. I think the resistors on resistor pack were gone.

I followed the threads and could not find the resistor pack behind the blower. Anybody know where I can find it? Any suggestion are appreciated.

John.

Reply to
John Sayor

I think there is a relay mounted in engine compartment beside the blower that control the fan speed. Give it a little tab to jump start the contacts or open it up and clean the contacts to test it. If it is, buy a new relay from any automotive supplies. (I had similar problem on 1993 Transport. Not sure on 1997)

Reply to
none

Thanks

John

Reply to
John Sayor

Than I am not sure what is the problem with yours. They must have changed the design. Perhaps someone here can help.

Reply to
none

The diagram appears to show the blower motor resistor pack directly below the blower motor. Appears there is three screws holding it in the air duct.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I just found 3 screws under blower motor, I took off the screws and loose the motor, but cannot find the resistor pack. Is it inside the air duct?

Thanks

Reply to
John Sayor

Not sure what screws you removed, but below the blower motor there is a connector that plugs right into the back of the resistor pack. Around this connector there are three screws holding it in place. Remove them and the resistor pack will come out of the air duct.

Take a picture of the area and post it on the internet.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Finally fix it. It is behind the blower motor and half of its inside the duct.

Thank you all guys here.

John

Reply to
John Sayor