Blowing oil out the dipstick

I have a 89 chevy 6.2L diesel with a Banks turbo that is blowing oil out the dip stick spout when I make it work hard, over 2 lbs of boost. When I remove the oil filler cap there seems to be a lot of blow by but the
engine is still strong. I'm going to do a compression test, what should the compression be? I suspect a bad head gasket. What else might it be?
Pete
flyinfinn wrote:

worn out or stuck rings sounds more likely to me... try a leakdown test as well, that might help answer your questions
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

I had an '85 pickup that I put the Banks turbo kit on. If it's building excessive crankcase pressure under boost, it could be the intake valve guides. Nate's advice to do a leakdown test is where to start. If the rings aren't bad, I'd take a look at the guide to stem clearance on the intakes. That's a very reliable engine in my opinion. I put better than 160,000 miles on mine after the turbo install and I had the fuel delivery turned up for more power. Then my son totaled the truck. Hope this helps.
Garrett Fulton
Thank you both, I haden't considered that. How does one do a leakdown test and what equipment is needed? Just for reference what is the optimal compression for this engine?

Got your email, Pete, and sent along what info I could on this.
Garrett