bmw e36 rev limiter kicking in around 4000 revs?

i have a 316 as a second car, the rev limiter kicks in at 4000 revs and previously the car was able to freely rev well above this. This rev range is what you need to get out of bother and overtake, this is a
reel pain. Does anyone have any suggestions of disabling replacing or tweaking, or suggestions of any probs attributing to this thanks

1. This is a GM group. 2. Rev limiters are there for a reason. 3. Where is the red line? Is the car gas or diesel? Are you in Park when you are trying this? 4. I don't recall seeing the turnip truck drive by, but if you do, hop back on.
Park? where i am from people have the neurological capacity to drive manual. the turnip truck probably hit your wide yankee ass, its behind you! thanks for nothing red line is 6500 limit should be around here car is petrol (gas)
Steve Mackie wrote:

dvb wrote:

but apparently do not have the capacity to know who makes their car and also now that alt.autos.gm means cars made by GM not BMW.
Try again in the correct group!

1. This still isn't a GM group. 2. I'm Canadian. 3. I have, but no longer chose to drive a manual. 4. I'm trying to answer your question, so you aren't getting "nothing." 5. The rev limiter is there for a reason. 6. Are you in "neutral" when it's hitting the rev limiter? Dumbass. Most cars have their 'park,' or in your dumbass case 'neutral,' rev limiter around the 4k mark. When you are driving down the road, however, dumbass, it will red line. 7. Get back on the turnip truck.
Steve

I donno but on my 300Z Nissan it wont rev past 3000rpms if there is a problem with the MAF sensor. Computer kicks into a protect mode and limits revs and defaults to a "safe" fuel map setting.
thanks this may be it