bogging down bad - 03 chevy malibu 3.1v6

I have a 03 chevy malibu 3.1v6, the car bogs down in low rpm especially when driving from a stop and will not accelerate fast at all. At full throttle, my car will hang up at high RPMs for a few
seconds before shifting into the next gear unless I take my foot off the gas a bit. Apparently it smells like sulphur when driving behind me. I would appreciate any help.
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/bogging-bad-ftopict247255.html
Have a catylytic conv. back pressure test done, also check fuel pressure at the fuel rail when the engine is under load.