Bonneville Vibration

I have a '99 Bonneville with a vibration in the wheel above 60 miles an hour. I replaced the front tires and had all 4 wheels balanced, twice. I had this work done by a local independant tire shop and the Pontiac dealer. Both have always given me great service in the past. It still has this vibration and it is beginning to drive me to vibrate, too. The dealer tells me to take it to a tire shop that has a force drive balancer? Claims it can check the balance on the car and pinpoint the problem between the wheels, tires, or not. This costs about $120 bucks in my area.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
Phil

even tho it balances out, is there runout on the rim or hub? how are the brakes? sometimes the rotors get out of balance too. might raise the front end off the ground and spin the tires and check for runout or looseness in front end.

Reply to
®

Does it feel like a brake vibration. I've seen an instance on GM where the brakes were staying applied and the steering began vibrating when the rotors overheated.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Have the front wheel bearings checked out as well as ball joints etc.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Right before I put on new tires, I replaced the pads AND rotors. I even bought GM Rotors at $180/pair.

I had both mechanics check the front bearings.

The only thing I have not checked are the wheels. Someone replied suggesting I find a load force balencer to balence the tire, wheel while mounted on the car.

Reply to
Phil

I found out that the vibration was caused by bad tires.

I had two new Kellys installed in October, both were bad from the start. I never thought that tires can be defective, now I know. I had them replaced with two new Kellys and the vibration disappeared.

Reply to
Phil