bonneville wheel alignment specs

I need the wheel alignment specs for a 2001 Pontiac Bonneville with the 3.8L engine, specifically the toe in. Anybody help? Paul

Paul wrote:

+.20 degrees, +/- .20 degrees.
Sorry, no "inches" specs anymore.
Ian
Thanks for the reply. Let me be sure I understand - it is actually .20 degrees toe-IN and not toe-OUT. I wanted to be sure because I read where front wheel drive vehicles are typically toe-out, though, I'm sure there are many exceptions. Paul
shiden_kai wrote:

Paul wrote:

Yes, "plus" = toe-in.
No, FWD vehicles are not typically toed out.
Ian
Thanks. It was about 1.1 degrees which explains my DISMAL tread life. I adjusted to 0.2 and when the car is hot it measures almost 0.4 which is still within specs. The difference between hot and cold must be heat expansion of the rack. I'm wondering if I might be better off to adjust closer to .0 and then when it's hot it would be right on the nose or am I being too anal about it? Paul
shiden_kai wrote:

Paul wrote:

Too anal....but since you are doing the adjustment yourself...why not? You can afford to be anal when you are doing your own work.
Ian