bonneville wheel alignment specs

Threaded View

I need the wheel alignment specs for a 2001 Pontiac Bonneville with the
3.8L engine, specifically the toe in. Anybody help?
Paul

Re: bonneville wheel alignment specs

+.20 degrees, +/- .20 degrees.

Sorry, no "inches" specs anymore.

Ian

Re: bonneville wheel alignment specs

Thanks for the reply. Let me be sure I understand - it is actually .20
degrees toe-IN and not toe-OUT.  I wanted to be sure because I read
where front wheel drive vehicles are typically toe-out, though, I'm
sure there are many exceptions.
Paul

Re: bonneville wheel alignment specs

Yes, "plus" = toe-in.

No, FWD vehicles are not typically toed out.

Ian

Re: bonneville wheel alignment specs

Thanks. It was about 1.1 degrees which explains my DISMAL tread life. I
adjusted to 0.2 and when the car is hot it measures almost 0.4 which is
still within specs.  The difference between hot and cold must be heat
expansion of the rack.  I'm wondering if I might be better off to
adjust closer to .0 and then when it's hot it would be right on the
nose or am I being too anal about it?
Paul

Re: bonneville wheel alignment specs

Too anal....but since you are doing the adjustment yourself...why
not?  You can afford to be anal when you are doing your own
work.

Ian

Site Timeline