Bought a Toyota today.

Page 1 of 4
We looked seriously at GMs, but ended up buying a Sienna. Same price or less than a GM minivan, even with the GMS employee price.
Side airbags standard all around, not on GM. 6 year powertrain warranty,
not GM. High resale value, not GM. It is assembled in Indiana with 85% American componets and 10% Japanese. How about GM, Chinese built 3.5 V-6 engines ?
I am in full agreement that there is a quality perception issue with GM. There new products are almost at Japanese levels. Maybe next car.
Howard Cohen wrote:

We all make mistakes Howard. No need to apologize. We assumed you'd decide to take the cheap route. You made it clear that looks and style weren't important to you. That's when it became clear that you'd opt for the Sienna. Ugh!

I've posted a link to some interesting feedback about those side airbags you boast about. I hope you're sitting when you read it!

Ummm, Howard, there's a reason for the need for that 6 year warranty. Didn't anyone tell you about that?

In Japan perhaps. Not here though. Buying a Sienna is a bit like buying a Lada in the old days.

Howard, they're waiting for you over at alt.autos.toyota. You can look forward to many years of posting with them, trying to find solutions to all your problems. Good Luck and enjoy the Sienna experience! To get you prepared for your adventures, I'll post a few informative links to owner feedback:
Here's a link to an ongoing report from a Sienna owner: http://philip.greenspun.com/materialism/cars/sienna
Here's another interesting site Howard: http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_52713.html
And another: http://www.mycarsucks.com/rants/toyota/2004_toyota_sienna.htm
And some interesting owner reviews: http://www.carreview.com/cat/automobiles/minivans/toyota/PRD_212_1530crx.aspx
And everyone's favorite "EdmundsdotCom" : http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef15db9/1624
Yep, you got what you paid for Howard. Enjoy your new friends over at the Toyota forum. They're going to be hearing lots from you. ;-)

Howard, you've proven out that old adage yet again: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Enjoy your new "quality" Sienna. Heh, Heh!

assembled
http://www.carreview.com/cat/automobiles/minivans/toyota/PRD_212_1530crx.aspx
you should not have burst his bubble so quick....
a.k.
Thats one UGLY spaceship!

The service record of the two GMC Jimmy's I have are making me think for the first time in my life of going non GM

you have problems with your jimmys too?

Many and most are electrical. But includes transmission, wheel bearing hubs, alternator, (red) cooling system, window motors, wiper motors front and rear, air conditioner pumps on both, recliner seat lever on passenger side, trim on both seats, wiper switch, head light switch, ignition switch..............

Well I think he said it was for his wife so she probably would have been happy with a card board box with wheels.
Howard,
Would love to hear from you when you Sienna's odometer reaches 100,000 - 200,000 and 300,000 miles.
You've got to maintian !
Good Luck

You have to maintain all of them nowadays. I took a look at the Sienna to see what Cool Jet and others object to about the looks. Admittedly, it looks like a sardine can with wheels, but ...to me...all the SUV's look like crap.
yeah, that will be his loss when he has to drive 50 miles for a dealer and pay OUTRAGEOUS to ship parts from Japan. Just cause their built in Indiana dont mean we have all the parts for them

The vehicle that Toyota assembles in Indiana use less than 40% American made parts. The first number of the VIN is a '5.'
mike hunt

The only american made parts are probally the antenna and maybe wheels.... Sucks to be them when it does come time for service, I'd still rather have a GM

Less than 40% could mean 0%, as well LOL
mike hunt

Actually, it is 85% American content. You guys can debate exactly what that means.
A minivan is all about utility, not style. I have a family.

If GM management think like many here, GM IS DEAD!
Howard Cohen wrote:

We are all quite impressed that anyone so close to the drain of the gene pool has a family! Do you know who the father is Howard? <lol>
Jetski, I am proud of my gene pool. There are some rather high achievers in mine.

My gene pool is better quality than your gene pool. That is why I can think for myself and buy what I need without ... this shit.

Howard Cohen Jan 20, 10:19 pm wrote:

Howard, that was an old, old post (January 6th) from our feuding days, that you already responded to on January 7th at 6:01PM. At that time, you responded: "Jetski, I am proud of my gene pool. There are some rather high achievers in mine." Since that time, we have stopped the bickering and are seemingly getting along okay. So quit reading those old flames and be nice to me! *LOL*