brake dust

I have a 98 Grand Am How do I get rid of brake dust from my front wheels, I know I can clean it off, but that only works for like a week then its back
what can I do to keep it off?
Adam wrote:

Install ceramic brake pads.
Adam wrote:

Use different pads. Any of the major brand ceramic formulations will help.
John
Its odd because these pads were installed at a dealership. were do I find ceramic pads?

NAPA and Autozone have them, if you want to put them on yourself. Any independent mechanic can access them for you.
Even a dealership might condescend to do it for you.
Adam wrote:

Ceramic pads are little more expensive than the dealership parts. Any good auto parts store can provide them to you if you want to DIY, otherwise any good independent mechanic can do so.
John
Most any auto parts store will have ceramic pads, possibly in a couple of different brands. Ceramic pads generally are quieter and usually have less brake dust. See Raybestos ceramic pads here:
http://www.raybestos.com/usa/brakepads.htm
Tom

wheels,

As a matter of fact, I put ceramic pads on my wife's 98 Buick yesterday.
The ceramics I chose ran about $40 (front axle set), no core. It took about an hour to get the old ones off, the guide pins cleaned and relubed, and everything back together and torqued into place. (An easy hour...wasn't trying to rush anything.)
On her car, the guide bolts carried 63 foot pounds torque. Lug nuts 100 foot pounds.