Brake lights inoperative

Before I start the diagnostic procedure, I thought I'd post this problem here.

The right and left stoplamps on my '95 Monte don't work. The bulbs are okay and the highmount stoplamp works. Does this sound like a common brake switch failure or just a bad connection?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Interesting. Looking at the scematic I can see how that is possible. I will look into that as well.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Turn signal switch.

Reply to
noname

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

The right and left stoplamps on my '95 Monte don't work. The bulbs are okay and the highmount stoplamp works. Does this sound like a common brake switch failure or just a bad connection? Steve Mackie =============== It's the turn signal switch. Noname ============== It's the brake light switch; the CHMSL is on a separate circuit. Sharon K.Cooke ==============

The brake light switch is okay because it provides power to the highmount stoplight, which is working.

The brake light switch also also provides power to the turn signal switch for distribution to the Brake/Turn lights. The turn signal switch is defective or there is a bad connection.

Good luck.

Reply to
Wendy & John

cause many problems, I'm sure the running lights are OK because they are grounded front and rear. The stop lights have only a rear ground, road salt tends to attack rear stuff. Try diconnecting / re connecting the tail light harmonica plug at fusebox

Reply to
451CTDS