Brake noise

Hi group,

I recently changed my wheel hub on my 1999 pontiac trans sport. Since then, I hear a loud metal-on-metal squeal when going in reverse. If i turn the wheel hard right or left it goes away and sounds more like a metal rubbing noise. There is no noise going forward or when braking.

I had someone slowly reverse the car while I had my ear to the wheel, and the noise is coming from the caliper/bake assembly area, but I can't see anything rubbing.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Teknical

Shep

the metal plate behind the rotor is bent take wheel off and bend it back seen this happen all the time

Reply to
jimmyh

Yup, that's exactly what it was. Thanks

Reply to