Brake rotor recommendation requested

Page 2 of 2

It was likely not the rotors that caused any bang bang noice. Think about how a rotor does it's job.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

still had it. I then stuck the old rusted and warped rotors back on and the bang went away it just had the pulsing like before. Putting new rotors on its fine. The only thing I could think of was one of the cheap chinese has a hairline crack or a spot they missed machining it, I couldn't see or feel anything though. It sounded and felt like someone was hitting the car with a hammer.
Sounds like the holes in the rotor (lugnut holes and center hole)were machined to usual chinese specs.. : (

In defense of the Chinese, they CAN turn our quality items. But they are like rebellious children... You must take them to task and force them to comply with quality control specifications.
Did you see the "body" labs on TV this week? This sort of poop is totally unbelievable!
I just learned last week that they are making flavoring amino acids, for food products, from human hair.
When will we ever get our heads out of our asses.

When the Chinese mass produce the tool needed to do it and sell it to us for $1.99.

rotflmao!! I guess that is a special tool and it would not be to their advantage to market it to us.

It doesn't make a lot of difference whether you do it in two or three equal steps, IMO. Use the recommended star pattern to torque them, however.
Some rotors can be machined, some cant (as they are near minimum thickness specs already). Depends.
I dont buy dealership parts, usually, unless I am forced to do so. I have been very happy with good quality parts from NAPA or other quality suppliers. Dealer parts can cost you several times higher, and may be no better at all.