brakes 1994 safari van

I have a 1994 safari van. The last two sets of brakes squealed after only a short time on the van. The first time I did the brakes the second time I took them to a trusted mechanic.

Is there any thing that can be done to prevent them from squealing.

It is the pad, not the squealers that are built into the system. Visually the pads are about 1/2 inch thick.

What if I buffed them with my dremel?

Reply to
keith nuttle

What kind of pads are they? Some kinds (often those designed to last longer) are more prone to squealing..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

"keith nuttle" wrote

Sometimes, no...it's just the nature of the beast. What you can do to help alleviate the problem is to apply a thin layer of silicone grease to the back of the pads where they come in contact with either the piston (inboard pad) or the caliper (outboard pad). I've found this works quite well.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to