broken exhaust manifold bolt

Last night I discovered a broken exhaust manifold bolt on the passenger side of my 89 s-10 blazer 2.8 . I have noticed a slight use of water, but none in the oil. Today, I was driving to the store and my temp started rising. I pulled over, and to my surprise water was pouring out of the manifold area where the broken bolt was. I guess my question is...after 189000 mi. should I replace the whole engine, or can I get away with just replacing the bad head with a used one. I need to drive back and forth to school and to the store. thanks, mike

Reply to
Willie Maekett

Your best value for dollar is rebuilt heads, and eat the core on the broken one. A cam kit would be nice now. If bucks are tight, new lifters and timing kit would do wonders. I don't believe in slap happy work. Do it up, take the money your saving, and buy related components, such as water pump, alternator, if you remove it, replace it.

Reply to
451ctds