Brown Paint in the Radiator bottle

While walking home from the Chevy dealer yesterday I walked by a Chrysler dealer. They had the hoods on about 6 cars in the front row opened up. The hood on a 2002 Seville & DeVille with the 4.6 Northstar
were opened, so I stopped to take a looksee.
Very cramped engine compartment. Altenator no where in sight, even though I know where it is. Battery nowhere in sight, perhaps under the rear seat ?
I happened to glace at the overflow bottle for the radiator & it looked like somebody had poured brown paint in it. Both Cadillac's had brown in the bottles.....
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_

Car broke down eh, stopped to look at something new???
from the Chevy dealer yesterday I walked by a

I think they got relocated into the trunk.

Thats odd, perhaps a mischevious passerby dumped a can of pepsi into them?
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com says...

lol
Could be someone dumped a thing of bars stop leak into the wrong part of the system?
Nooo.... my car didn't breakdown & I certainly wouldn't be looking for a new one at a Chrysler dealer.
Mother's car was dropped off @ Chevy for a new starter & gas filter.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_

Yeah right, someone is going to dump a can of Pepsi into each overflow bottle!?!
"Harry Face" wrote

It's under the rear seat. Keeps it nice and cosy.
> I happened to glace at the overflow bottle for the radiator & it looked

Cadillac engines have used factory installed coolant sealer for a number of years. It tends to accumulate in the overflow bottles.
Ian
The pink coolant looks like mud after a few years.

"Tj" wrote

Not in all-aluminum Cadillac engines, it doesn't. But I can only go on my experience as a dealership technician who has been working on GM vehicles since Dexcool was introduced.
Ian