Brown Paint in the Radiator bottle

While walking home from the Chevy dealer yesterday I walked by a Chrysler dealer. They had the hoods on about 6 cars in the front row opened up. The hood on a 2002 Seville & DeVille with the 4.6 Northstar were opened, so I stopped to take a looksee.

Very cramped engine compartment. Altenator no where in sight, even though I know where it is. Battery nowhere in sight, perhaps under the rear seat ?

I happened to glace at the overflow bottle for the radiator & it looked like somebody had poured brown paint in it. Both Cadillac's had brown in the bottles.....

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

lol

Could be someone dumped a thing of bars stop leak into the wrong part of the system?

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Car broke down eh, stopped to look at something new???

from the Chevy dealer yesterday I walked by a

I think they got relocated into the trunk.

Thats odd, perhaps a mischevious passerby dumped a can of pepsi into them?

Reply to
Paradox

Nooo.... my car didn't breakdown & I certainly wouldn't be looking for a new one at a Chrysler dealer.

Mother's car was dropped off @ Chevy for a new starter & gas filter.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

"Harry Face" wrote

It's under the rear seat. Keeps it nice and cosy.

Cadillac engines have used factory installed coolant sealer for a number of years. It tends to accumulate in the overflow bottles.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yeah right, someone is going to dump a can of Pepsi into each overflow bottle!?!

Reply to
roadmaster

The pink coolant looks like mud after a few years.

Reply to
Tj

"Tj" wrote

Not in all-aluminum Cadillac engines, it doesn't. But I can only go on my experience as a dealership technician who has been working on GM vehicles since Dexcool was introduced.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai