bucking and serging

My 1994 buick century has suddenly started to "buck" and seems to go faster when it wants. cruise control is off. then check engine light came on.
any ideas? Just went thru a thing with the 02 sensor is has been great until today this problem came up.
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.gm / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

A few ideas come to mind. When was the last time plugs and wires were changed? When is the last time the throttle body was cleaned? Have the output of the Throttle Position Sensor checked. When is the last time the fuel filter was changed? Start with the easy stuff - have the codes read.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Did you try reading the code?