Buick 2000 Century Keyless Entry Remote

I'm chasing an inoperative remote problem. I found on Google that the easiest way to check the receiver is to put it in the learn mode. Supposedly this is
accomplished by bridging pins 4 and 8 on the 16 pin test bay connector below the steering column.
My connector does not have numbering; can someone identify the pin locations for me? TIA
Upper left is pin 1. Upper right is pin 8. Lower left is pin 9. Lower right is pin 16.

Thank you Silver Surfer. That helps but it defeats the pin 4 to 8 bridge recommendations. Only 2,4,5,14 & 18 have pins all the others are empty. I'll try the library tomorrow maybe they will have a service manual that will clarify which pins to bridge.

Perhaps this procedure would be worth a shot?
Document ID# 610490 2000 Buick Century --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transmitter Synchronization
Important Loss of transmitter synchronization will occur when the following conditions are present:
The batteries on the keyless entry transmitter have been replaced. A keyless entry transmitter has been activated many times when out of range of the vehicle's remote control door lock receiver.
In order to resynchronize a transmitter, press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for at least 7 seconds. The horn will chirp three times when the resynchronization is successful.

That's my problem no chirps! I tried holding LOCK and UNLOCK buttons but nothing happens. I think receiver is bad?

--

> Transmitter Synchronization

I would recommend trying to re-program:
This info is from www.programyourremote.com
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the remotes, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program the remotes again.
1. Close the vehicle doors. 2. Insert key in ignition and turn to ON (As far as you can without cranking engine) 3. Turn ignition OFF and remove the key from the ignition. 4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position. 5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) 6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) 7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder. 8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated. 9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds). 10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones). 11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
Thank you I found the problem.
Sudy Nim

What was the problem (in case others have the same issue)?