Buick 2008 Enclave Interior Lights

I noticed that if I turn on the interior lights manually (rotary switch on dash) they stay on do not automatically go off after a period of time. I left them on by mistake and forgot to turn them off. This resulted in my battery almost totaling discharging.

I thought that any vehicle lights left on would automatically turn off (computer driven) after a period of time (10 to 30 minutes) but they didn't.

Can anyone confirm leaving them on manually would stay on indefinitely or is this specific to my vehicle? Couldn't find anything specific about this in the manual.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

Normal. This is the way the manual override works. It turns them on and takes control away from the computer. I don't know of any vehicle that works different.

Reply to
Steve W.

Sometimes people want them on for long periods. That is how it is done. The owner's manual will probably verify that to.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ah, thanks. I'll have to be mindful of that and make sure to pay attention of the manual mode.

Dave C.

Reply to
Dave C.

Absolutely normal and to be expected. You will probably have to turn your lights off manually, unless you install a "battery minder" device.

Reply to
hls