Buick 3.8 NA to SC?

Hi there, bored today so I am wondering if it's not too difficult to convert my 2000 Le Sabre with the normally aspirated 3.8 to the Supercharged 3.8 as found in the Park Ave Ultra. Would such a
conversion be California smog legal? To convert would it be as easy as the intake manifold, supercharger, associated pulleys, etc? Different computer(s)? I guess you sense my lack of knowledge here. I figure I would net around 40 hp gain, plus it would just be cool. Might be less trouble to get a Park Ave Ultra though?
thanks Scott
sejose wrote:

Different cam, pistons, wiring harness, as well as the items you mentioned.
--
Steve W.

Easiest way would be to get a PA Ultra. Besides the internal differences in the engine, which Steve mentioned, the PCM, wiring harnesses, a whole lot of underhood parts are different AND also the transaxle is different (4T65HD).
You could do the conversion (find a complete 2000 PA Ultra that was totalled out from a rear end collision and you'd have all the parts) and, by my reading of the CARB rules, it would be a legal swap (though you'd have to go through some paperwork with CARB, DMV and CHP to make it all "legal-eagle" and have the car tested by a referee smog test station).
Would be a whole heck of a lot easier to just find a PA Ultra and call it done.
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA
P.S. If I was going to go through that much work I'd just go "whole hog" and put a NorthStar/4T80E combo from a Deville in it. Instant 50% increase in HP. The Caddy V-8 will fit the LeSabre engine compartment (though with a lot less spare room than the 3800).

IMO, you probably are correct about the doubled hp rating; but I feel he would lose a lot of the quality at the same time. Franchised mechanics & service managers seem to strongly support this idea--several of them have told me that the no-longer-made Sevilles would approach perfection if only equipped w/the 3800 w/super charger. (A little-known fact: some year Bonnevilles had the same frame as Sevilles, both which differed from LeSabres & Pk. Aves.) I do love that Caddy torque, altho' the associated leaks and often-required heli-coil inserts when turning bolts make me vote in favor of the Pk. Ave. with S/Charger. s
Alrighty then, thanks for the responses, I figured that would be the case. I just can't seem to leave anything alone I guess. Next car will be the Ultra or maybe a 96 Impala SS? LOL Always looking.
Thanks guys, that's the info I was looking for.
Scott