Buick A/C fan won't shut off

The fan in my 92 LeSabre won't shut off, even with the ignition key removed.

From other posts I've read that there is a relay or resistor that goes

bad. I've traced the wires from the blower motor back to the firewall, with no interuptions, and searched under the dash but couldn't find where the wires came back in.

Any help before I rip the whole dashboard out?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

Assuming your car has manual control, it sounds like the relay is stuck shut. GM often puts the relay on the firewall, about center, engine compartment, along with the other relays. There should be no reason for you to look in or under the dash. The resistor is used to drop current for slow speeds and has nothing to do with the relay being stuck shut.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I removed each relay individually on the fire wall, and the fan still wouldn't shut off. Are they hidden somewhere?

Reply to
Dave

I may have told you wrong and you were on the right track in the first pl= ace. On the N car is on the firewall. According to Chilton's: "Relays: The relay= center is located on the right side of the instrument panel. The relay center i= s mounted behind the glovebox."

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul