Buick Anti Theft Activating ?

Hello,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.

I'll call the Dealer today, but they will undoubtedly say to bring it in, which is really hard for me to do for the next few weeks.

Car is in my locked garage.

This morning, early, the horn started flashing, and the lights going on and off like crazy.

Probably the anti-theft got activated, somehow.

Certainly no attempted breaki-in, as the garage doors are locked and everything quite normal.

Just "something" happened" to activate it.

First car I've ever had with all these anti-theft features being part of it, and all the computer nonsense built in

Does this happen "often" ? To new Buicks in particular ?

What might have caused ? EMI interference, or... ?

Any thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

May sound silly, but how old is the garage? Potenial of a mouse, chipmonk or other rodent there?

Proably a good guess!

Remotely possible, but very unlikely

See if there is a way to decrease the sensitivity of the motion detector. On my Saab, there is a switch to do just that. That way when you park at airports, and other high-vibration/high-noise areas, the alarm is not always going off!

Reply to
PeterD

This is usually caused by a noisy door or lock switch. As temperature changes a noisy switch can make/break contact and set off the alarm. The hood switch is the culprit more times than not. Take it in and have them check it out. You will need a wiring diagram to do anything yourself. I don't know if that system has a vibration sensor but that could be a problem id there is anything causing vibration or shock waves. Also as mentioned a rodent chewing on the wires can be the problem. Good luck in finding it.

Reply to
Woody

Did someone hit the panic button on the remote? Happens more often that you think if keys are kept in your pocket or the kids play with them. If I was to stoop down with the fob in my pocket, I'd often pop the trunk open. Now I put my keys on a shelf when I come in the house.

As for the dealer, he may never find the problem since it is not happening when he has the car. Unless it happens again, I'd not waste my time calling.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Happens more often that you

I have done this a bunch of times.

Reply to
HLS

I have a remote starter in most of my vehicles. I've actually managed to start them doing just this!

Reply to
PeterD