Buick Century 2000 remote entry problem

My keyless entry has quit. I tried the programming procedure and I do not hear the three-chime feedback from the vehicle. Anyone have an idea as to what
failed? Thank you.

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the remotes , all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program the remotes again.
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Insert key in ignition and turn to ON (As far as you can without cranking engine)
3. Turn ignition OFF and remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
http://programyourremote.com /

hear
[...]
Thank you for the reply I appreciated it. I tried this and at step 9 there are no audible beeps. I have 3 remotes and I replaced the batteries and tried it using each remote with the same result, no beeps and no remote function.

are
Opps! I meant to say step 8 has no audible beeps.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.

Do any of you have information on programming new keys for an 07 Malibu?