Buick cutting out on uphill incline

I have a 91 Buick Park Ave with 60,000 miles. Lately I have found that it may cut out when assending a steep hill if the tank is less than 1/4 tank full. It happened today. I was in the Ozarks and climbing a steep hill on the highway. As it slowed down I kicked the pedal to get it to downshift and it cut out. When I let off the pedal, it continued to run and barely made it to the top. I tried a couple of more times and it seemed to occur when it downshifted going up a hill, especially if I pumped on the accelerator pedal. Are there separate injectors that come into play in that situation? Could they be clogged? When I got beyond the mountains and on level ground it ran ok. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Reply to
jplasater

Could be moisture in tank. Use a couple cans of fuel injector safe Gas Deicer. Now's when moisture builds up, hot days, cool nights. Change fuel filter if performance improves with de icer.

Reply to
451ctds

Reply to
Bobo

You've probably figured it out by now, but the same thing happenned to me. It was a clogged gas filter.

Reply to
Lecher9000

Partially clogged gas filter.

Reply to