Buick Electra Question

I have a 1989 Buick Electra Park Avenue. The belt came off while going down the highway, and parts of it was tangled up in the crankshaft pulley. Well,
the car died and now will not start again. The belt has been replaced, as well as the battery now. Any ideas as to why it's still not starting? All the wires have been checked and none are loose or hanging...Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

I am not a mechanic, but I have had many alternator/battery troubles from the cars I haev owned. When you say 'will not start again' what exactly do you mean? Does it even try to start, like making a noise or anything?
Check the wires to the crank sensor, connector is on the rt side of the crank balancer.

-
yeah, it tries to start. Just turns over and over. Kinda like it's not getting the ignition it needs. Probably gonna have to tow it in to the shop and hook it up to diagnostic machine. But I sure was trying to avoid that part...lol
Puzzled,
As Shep said, take a careful look at the wires, connector and the crankshaft sensor itself. If that belt wrapped itself around the crank damper I'd almost bet you lunch the wiring harness to the crank sensor is damaged. No crank sensor signal to the C3I ingition module will mean no spark and no fuel injection (since the crank sensor signal is processed by the ignition module and passed on to the ECM to control fuel delivery).
If the crank sensor is damaged you will have to remove the crank damper to replace it. If only the wiring and/or connector is damaged, you can get a replacement connector at most decent parts stores.
Regards, Bill Bowen wh snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net Mather, CA

Thanks y'all for the help. Hope I can return the favor sometime.
Come to find out, it was the sensor around the crankshaft pulley. Apparently the belt had crushed the sensor. On the way home from the garage, yesterday, it started to throw the belt again. This time I caught it in time, and the belt had just unravelled a little. After looking over everything, I found out that the bearings in the waterpump were going out, causing the pulley to rock back and forth. This was what was causing the belt to come off. Replaced the waterpump this morning, and seems to be doing just fine.