Buick front end "vibration"

"What is up with this?!? I have '96 Buick Century Classic, 85,000 miles, took to car shop for preventive maintenance: all new tires, alignment,
front shocks/struts replaced. Ever since then I've had mild/moderately severe vibration in the stearing column and dash (not the car,though, but items vibrate off passenger seat often), only b/t 71-82 mph. Got nothing but hassle from car shop, no results. Every car shop says it's wheels or tires or alignment, no matter how much I disagree (already replaced or re-done several times!!!). Haven't had shocks/struts replaced but told they look fine and are correct type. Seems like something might be slightly bent, or "hole" for an axle is worn out, if shocks/struts are okay? No problem with CV joint with sharp turns. This has gone on for YEARS. What's your reply, oh wise one?!"

Get the tires balanced.

This is a classic description of an out of balance wheel.

Wheel bearings do not typically cause this symptom. If by "hole" for an axle, you mean the wheel bearing.

YEARS? If this had truly gone on for years then it's not likely an out of balance tire. That would have changed in symptoms as the tire wore. The vibration would have gotten worse, or better, or changed the speed that it occurred at.
I think you should take your car to a trusted mechanic, take him for a drive and show him what is happening. Then leave your car for him to fix. It is clear that you don't understand much about cars, so don't try to steer him based on what you think has already been done to address the problem. If it really has gone on for years, then your history of repair attempts as you recall them is quite irrelevant at this time. Let the mechanic fix the car and pay the man.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net