Buick LaSabre

Wife was driving home in her 93 LaSabre tonight. She drives this route 5 days a week to and from work. She said she was not going too fast but when
she went over a railroad crossing the car started the thump thump thump. She pulled over and called me. I don't know if thump gets faster with speed but it is very load. I think it could be about each revelation of the tire. It did seem to be stronger when I turned into a drive. Was lucky a house near by let us park it over night. I will have it towed in tomorrow or Monday morning. My thought is a CV joint gave way. About a month ago I thought is needed a CV axel but it turned out just struts. It was nearly dark when I got there so I really didn't get to look under it.
Any help would be appreciated.

She
but
joint
out
Post some more information once you've gotten it home and can take a look Tim. Are you certain that a tire is not flat? CV is not completely out of the question, but you'll need to take a look for anything obvious.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I jacked it up and took the wheel off. A bolt had apparently rusted and a suspension bar broke lose and the stud for it went into the CV joint area of the axel. It will be towed to a shop tomorrow morning.

of
Front sway bar most likely. Not an uncommon failure - though it sure should be.