Buick LeSabre or Toyota Avalon?

Page 2 of 2

Oh boy, and a Buick is such an EXCITING car, eh? "Buick!", the epitome of excitement. Right....! Buicks are plain and simple just large blobs of crap, although crap still has a few moving parts (which is more than what can be said of chevies, which become very much kind of like big rocks 6 years after purchased new.) My advice is if you get a GM car, you better get it at an immense discount, or you are being a really big sucker. That way you might luck out if you don't get one of the lemons. Go for toyota, fjord, chrysler, or anything else.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Oh boy another troll with a stick up their ass. Dont like GM? Then get lost. Plenty of other groups for your opinionated driveling rants.

I can honestly say that I REALLY hate Buicks, and have the lowest opinion of GM cars in general. I would give my recommendations against buing almost any non-GM car over a GM, because I think they are THAT BAD. IMO and in my experience with them, they are designed to give you maximum maintenance headaches after (if not even before) the warranty is expired. That is my honest opinion and I am entitled to share it.
Bonneville, if you don't like other people sharing their opinions when they happen to disagree with yours, I recommend you get off the usenet for good, or at least quit your whining and get used to the idea.
-Kelvin
says...

Your are indeed entitled to your opinion, but it is the opinion of a small minority. What really count in the real world is the opinions of those willing to plunk down their bucks to buy the vehicle. The LeSabre is the best selling large vehicle in the US. It far outsells the Avalon, by at least five to one and GM in particular far outsells Toyota. ;)
mike hunt
Kelvin Lin wrote:

says...

I just get tired of these drive bys from people that have to sterio type the entire GM line because there older car gave them problems. Growing up GM vehicles are all my families ever owned and sure some have given us some troubles but the vast majority of them have been VERY dependable drivers. Just remember bad news travels fast so dont shout at me when I bitch at a roaming troll blasting anti GM garbage in a GM group. No car manufacturer makes a perfect car so learn to deal with the issues. I can certainly rant enough hatred about stupid crap I've delt with on Toyotas, Hondas, Fords, Land Rovers, and Dodges in their groups but I dont!!!
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote in message

Well, for the 1st time ever, Toyota became the 1st import brand to sell most cars (i.e., excluding trucks) in '03.
I think it's good. Maybe with such a punch in GM's face, they'll wake up and match the competition.
PS: I own 2 fine GM cars currently.
That is because GM and Ford were putting their money in expanding light truck models. GM, Ford and Chrysler have 15 new model cars coming to market in 2004/5. Many of them are RWD and AWD rather than the FWD cars of Toyota and Honda, from which the market is moving away. Toyota and more particularly Honda are behind the curve, where the market is headed, trucks. According to 'Automotive News,' Nissan is expected to take import sales from Toyota and Honda in the next two years with their new line of bigger trucks and cars. More buyers in the US are buying light trucks and big cars than the midsize and small cars that Toyota and Honda are offering. Ford has more models in the new F150 alone, 46 to be exact, than Toyota has total cars and trucks including Lexus. Infinity, Nissans luxury brand, has become the number one seller in the US pushing past MB, BMW and foprmer number one, Lexus according to the article.
mike hunt
Neo wrote:

Kelvin,
And what was your BAD experiece with a GM vehicle?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,068 miles_~_~_ ~_~_

Your opinion of Buick is 'plain and simple just (a) large blob(_) of crap'. You can have any opinion you like, but it would be more useful and constructive to the readers of this group if you first new the car and then spoke. It's not that smart to just foam 'blobs of crap' out of your mouth out of ignorance.
My brother liked and drove Buicks, I am in my second LeSabre. Before I drove one Bonneville, one Audi and one Volkswagen. By far, I like the Buicks and the Bonneville. These, gave me very few problem and only well past 100,000 miles. My present Buick has 173,000 miles. All I replaced in it (and only in the last year, nothing before) was a will bearing, a sensor, and the ECM. Because I fix it myself I spent 100+ dollars on the bearing, $30 or so in the sensor and $80.00 in the (used) ECM. Of course I replaced spark plugs and spark plug wires, air filter, etc. But these things I call maintenance.
The LeSabre before this one, I got rid of it with 180,000 miles because a deer got in front of it and got pretty badly messed up (both the dear and the car but for the deer was worst because it died).
I am sure Toyota has good cars. I have friends that don't drive anything else. But I also know that Toyota has models where you could use the same tern you used to describe Buicks. But, for those of us that want to know what car to buy next, that expression want help a bit, and, probably no car deserves that description. I would prefer to hear that the engine usually goes over 150,000 miles ok, but the transmission needs to be replaced after 60,000 miles, however I love the handling, but the suspension goes quickly and it is harsh, therefore I will never buy this make and model again.
Now, this is useful! With a few other opinions for or against I can make up my mind a bit more intelligently.
Dominic

ruud wrote : you get what you pay for. Buy a car thats made on the cheap , like everything Detroit comes out with and you'll end up paying for it it the long run.
Boy, I'm glad my car came out of Missouri & not Detroit. I guess I got what I payed for! A good reliable car thats gone almost 275,000 miles in 13 years.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,504 miles_~_~_ ~_~_