Buick lesabre(single working moms car)seat belt question

My friend has a driver side buckle problem.The spring im guessing is broken seeing when the male half is inserted(sounds sexual lol)in to the buckle theres no clasp/locking.Question is if we get her one at a
salvage yard can we easily replace it?...is it a simple bolt connection at the end of the strap?...its not something molded for god sakes is it??. Any help guys is very much appreciated! Charity and Greg
is it a simple bolt connection

I would have to look to be sure, but I believe that the buckles are not easily replaceable. The male end is, afaik, sewn into place. The female is probably the same.
You can probably get the whole belt at a junkyard.

the way.
Could maybe have GM goodwill it since its a safety issue?
Check with your dealer on the warranty on seat belts. I Know Honda's are warranted for life of the car. This may be a federal requirement.

middle passenger's belt--it may have slightly different female plumbing--I've seen it on many cars; and altho' I've sold MANY LeSabres and Park Ave.'s, I don't recall which cars I saw this on. HTH, s
Thanks guys i will contact dealer or 1 800 line first and see how that goes.A salvage yard has 2 lesabres and its the closest.Great group!