Buick Mispronounces its Own SUV's Name

Page 6 of 7

Heineken?
    -Kenny
--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898

green
Only if you don't like Heineken ...
Floyd
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ruud) wrote:

Uh! Huh! So who cares?

He does. He doesn't like America, in case you missed his subtlety.
"ruud" wrote ...

You're wrong, but it's nothing compared to a national radio ad for Mitsubishi cars. They use the (non-) word "orientated".
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Jorabi wrote:

"Orientated" is actually a word. It's more commonly used in British English than in American English, but it most certainly is a word.
Go look it up on Webster.com
DS
"Daniel J. Stern" wrote ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?th 661ea750eed10b&seekm92Sep23.161332.26487%40nas.nasa.gov
"Daniel J. Stern" wrote:

One of those overly ornate British words with needless extra characters (in this case syllables).
No sir, I don't like it.
--Aardwolf.
Aardwolf wrote:

Well, you'd better get orientated to it.
John
--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

The Lindbergh Baby wrote:

Thankfully, living in the U.S., I am oriented correctly ;-]
--Aardwolf.

Next thing you'll be telling me that I'm wrong to pronounce the word GHOTI as FISH Everyone knows that GHOTI spells FISH, its so obvious!!!! GH - as in enouGH = F O - as in wOmen = I TI - as in staTIon = SH
Re: Buick Mispronounces its Own SUV's Name Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Sun, Jan 4, 2004, 6:06pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@cara.net (Jez)
"ruud" wrote ... It's the Rainier (yet another over-stuffed, over-hyped, bouncy-riding, poorly-engineered, useless American-made cupholder on wheels) But in the Buick ads, they pronounce it rain-EER. So embarrassing. But then again- what else could you expect from Detroit? You're wrong, but it's nothing compared to a national radio ad for Mitsubishi cars. They use the (non-) word "orientated". Next thing you'll be telling me that I'm wrong to pronounce the word GHOTI as FISH Everyone knows that GHOTI spells FISH, its so obvious!!!! GH - as in enouGH = F O - as in wOmen = I TI - as in staTIon = SH
Um this may sound strange but Im from Texas and was just woundering......I cant seem to find any of this info in the glossary of my chilton....But ill go down and look on the walls in the toilet stalls at the bar ...If all this is really important Im sure it will be in one of them...:) Obviously some people just aint never been to a place where they call their oldest child Tater. Anyone know what happen to scrib/marsh? Steve C

Is that what you call it in Texas? ;-)
Dave
I cant seem to find any of this info in the glossary of

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ruud) says:

... why, I believe you're *trolling*!
    -Kenny
--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:25:00 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Kenneth Crudup) wrote:

Have you driven a Buick lately? How do you know he's wrong?
--
I contribute to charity by not needing it.

It's so obvious he's one of those simpletons with a "problem" with SUVs.
    -Kenny
--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
The vehicle was built in Canada...

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:18:52 GMT, "Junkyard Badger"

top posting ignorance corrected...

So what? And it is spelled canaduh.

That's probably the way the man with the checkbook told him to pronounce it.
RJ in WV
ruud wrote:

Are things slow at the Office de la Langue Franaise?
Wasn't Mt. Rainier originally called Mt. Tacoma.........Maybe Buick could change names - oh wait, it's taken.
Ed