Buick overdrive transmission problem

There was recently a thread in here about someone's Buick transmission "going into neutral" at stoplights, but most of the thread has been
deleted. My work car suddenly began doing the same thing yesterday ('92 Buick Century 3.3 automatic overdrive, 162,000 miles; don't know if trans has ever been replaced or not). It performs _flawlessly_ in town and cruising down the highway. But after coasting up to an intersection and stopping, the transmission acts like I'd bumped it up into neutral. I can put it down into low and it will engage right away, and then I just put it back up into overdrive and it's ok again. Problem started very suddenly and it has done this about 5 times in the last 2 days. Fluid level is right on full now and appears reasonably clean. I think I recall someone posting that they had to run theirs 1 quart over full -- or was it an inch over full? There may have been several posters stating the same thing with regard to this. I'd really appreciate it if someone with experience with this problem wouldn't mind posting again, as to what they did to solve the problem and possibly to explain what exactly is going on inside to cause this in an otherwise seemingly healthy transmission. Thanks very much in advance..
I don't think is the issue, but try it.