Buick Park Avenue Cabin Air filters change help

My owners manual says there are 3 filters to change. The Purolator box came with 3 filters and says this is what your vehicle requires. I found and changed one filter under the dash near the accelerator
pedal, but have ho idea where the other 2 may be. Anyone that can help?
Sorry I failed to include the year - 2001

pak wrote:

They should be behind the first one you found. You should be able to see the slots that they set into on either side of the duct.
Park Avenue: Place the ignition switch in the Off position, remove the supplemental inflatable restraint fuse from the under hood fuse panel. Remove the left sound insulator fasteners. Note the location of the left sound insulator fasteners so they can be installed at the same positions. Improper installation of the fasteners may result in brake or accelerator pedal binding. SIR system wiring and components are located in this area, use extreme caution. Disconnect the left sound insulator electrical connectors, then remove the insulator.
Pull the cabin air filter access cover down and then out to remove from the A/C and heater module.
Remove the tape, then pull out the first cabin air filter element using the filter tab. Remove the tape, then pull out the second cabin air filter element using the filter tab. Remove the tape, then pull out the third cabin air filter element using the filter tab.
To ease installation, lubricate the new filter guides with silicon spray. Install the first cabin air filter into the case. Using a long thin blade screw driver and filter tab, raise the filter until it is parallel with the A/C and heater module. Ensure the leading edge of the filter engages the filter case holding rib. Engage the new second cabin air filter in the tab of the first filter. Slide the second filter into the remaining channels of the first filter. Using the filter tab, raise the filter until it is parallel with the A/C and heater module. Ensure the leading edge of the filter engages the filter case holding rib. Engage the third cabin air filter in the tab of the second filter. Slide the third filter into the remaining channels of the second filter. Fold the tab of the second filter down. Fold the tab of the third filter up and over the second filter.
Install the A/C and heater module filter cover. Ensure the cover is properly seated. Position the left sound insulator to the instrument panel, then connect the electrical connectors. Install the left sound insulator fasteners. Torque the fasteners to 17 inch lbs. Be sure to install the fasteners in the proper locations. Install the SIR fuse. From a position off to the side of the air bag module, place the ignition switch in the On position. The air bag warning lamp should flash 7 times and then turn Off. Place the ignition switch in the Off position.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Steve- do you know anyplace where I could get an illustration or diagram showing the sound insulator panels or any of the locations of cabin filters access removal locations.
"Near Cooperstown" - wow. My wife and I were up there 10 days ago. We visited the Hall of Fame, and the 2 days in the finger lake wine country. Absolutely gorgeous part of the country. Not like that down here in Georgia.
Paul

Geeze Paul - shoulda said you were going to be in upstate NY. We all coulda gotten together for a burger and a little walleye fishing.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
pak wrote:

If I had known you were nearby I would have given you a few of the better places to visit (NOT tourist traps). I have lived in the area my entire life and have never been to the HOF.
Anyway the sound insulator panels are the ones that go up under the dash and hide all the wiring, ductwork and other stuff so your shoes don't see it!
If you found the first filter you should be able to look inside that same area and see the location for the other two. They basically stack inside the housing. One slides in. You push it up a bit and slide the next one in. Then the last one slides in.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Harry Face wrote:
Yeah. Wondering the same thing as Silver Surfer. Doing ok?
Thanks for the concern.... I'm still around. I don't pop into the newsgroups too much anymore. Too many "news articles" and not enough questions being asked. The Pontiac NG has very ittle posted there anymore. I've been busy learning the PC I got last year. Now I'm on Ebay buying junk and in Amazon.com buying dvd's and a digital camera.
Having trouble trying to set up a second uses account on the PC for harryface. Someday I may get it done.
Both cars are running good - well one is.
The Bonneville is still knocking badly and acceleration is bad. 4-5 area's in the trunks finally rusted through so I have a soaked trunk all winter but didn't know it till one day when a roll of paper towels was wet. I did some patchwork on the floor, but I think the rear window seal is leaking now. Driver window motor is acting up too, I replaced it once in 1998.
The windsheild has a slight drip occasionally that drips on the drivers knee and now the drivers door jamb area is leaking water into the footwell. The original muffler has broken through and has a rather nice sound too it now, but I'm not going to buy a new one. The car still starts up on 2 when you count 1, 2, 3 during start up. Still gets from point A to point B.
The Park Avenue & I will be heading to Colorado in late July. Going to go up Pikes Peak with it. May go on to Grand Canyon - depends on what mood I'm in when I'm out there. Almost 70,000 miles on the Park Avenue and no Dex-Cool leaks yet. Put new Michelan Tires on last December - there good for 80,000
I've got alot to do with mother's car too- 91 Cadillac Brrougham. Needs tires, brakes, new radio and AC has stopped working as of last week. All original parts, probably needs an evaporator core.
This Old House needs work too. Lot of projects going on like a new furnace on New Years day (was new in 1953), new air conditioner (1976), need new windows too & maybe a roof, and porch.
And now we have $4.29 for a gallon gas and $64.00 fill ups!!
: - (
harryface 91 Bonneville 312,921 05 Park Avenue 69,216

I look at the pollen coating the car and it gives me the incentive to buy a replacement filter. If you drive with the windows down most of the time, it makes no difference. I have them up 98% of the time so I prefer to filter, especially this time of year.
Thank you so much, JustAsk!!! This was very helpful!
------------------------------------------------------------------------ SeedofDavid's Profile: http://cardealerforums.com/member.php?userid 042 View this thread: http://cardealerforums.com/showthread.php?t 9598