buick park avenue parking brake alarm

Hello, My '93 Buick Park Avenue seems to think that its parking brake is always on, whether it really is or not. The parking brake indicator light is always on, and the alarm is always sounding off (goes "bong" about 200 times per minute, or something like that). This used to come and go, but it's always on now. I tested the switch mechanism on the parking brake, and it seems to be fine. I also disconnected the wire from the switch, just to make sure. I also pulled on the wire some in an attempt to move it around just in case some insulation had gotten worn off and it was being shorted to ground somewhere along the line. Nothing has had any effect. So, does anybody know where this wire goes? I would like to test the signal right at the module that controls the parking brake alarm, if I can find it. The wire disappears from sight along with a bunch of other wires. If anyone can tell me where it goes to, I would very much appreciate it. Of course, the other option would be to try to find that dumb electronic bell and disable it (gently, of course). Thanks, Philip Bright

Reply to
Phil Bright

"Phil Bright" wrote

Perhaps your car uses the same warning light for the parking brake and the fluid level in the brake master cylinder reservior?

Reply to
MasterBlaster