Buick Power Steering Fluid

I have a 2003 Buick Lesabre. I find that the owner's manual specify a GM fluid only or equivalent. GM Part# 1052884 (Pint) or 105007 (Quart). I went out on the net and found out that you can buy this fluid
from any GM dealer. Well I went to Chevrolet and their's has a different part #. If there is anyone out there that works with GM autos maybe they can tell me what is a good equivalent for this special unobtainium fluid that GM has formulated to make us all buy Jap cars. Why is there no after market fluid available.
Art
arossi wrote:

Well they changed the part number to 89020661 and there is no equivalent. One quart costs $7.00. Hooray for GM. If I was stuck somewhere far from a Buick dealer I would have to use an unapproved fluid. This is why their bonds are rated junk and when I finish wearing out this car I will be looking to some other make.
Art
Art,
How did you determine that there is no equivalent to GM's power steering fluid?
All of my GM vehicles specify a GM product for every fluid used in the machine, but they always throw in "or equivalent" in the owner's manual.
Took a look at the Valvoline Web site and noted that their Pyroil power steering fluid is recommended for GM, Ford, and Chrysler vehicles, but not for Honda.
I have trouble believing that the power steering fluid used in your machine is all that special and has no easily obtainable equivalent out there in the market.

machine
the
And I certainly agree with you. Aftermarket suppliers will often document that their product is, or is not, compatible with a given application.
Use GM juice if you want, or an aftermarket acceptable if you don't. But DON*T use ATF.
The key is GM approved. GM also promotes their own motor oil and waxes to sell product and has done this for years when the stuff all comes from probably the same vendor. Roy