Buick PS rack rplacmnt question. Problem?

88 Lesabre Custom. 185k. FWD. "C" VIN. Replaced rack ass'y and outer tie rod ends, pump, and pressure line. Old steering system before was waaay loose and sloppy but the steering was relatively
effortless. Now with the new components (fittings greased, car aligned) the steering is quite tight and relatively difficult. Probably as stiff or stiffer to steer than my 98 Accord. I have no point of reference as I got the car with worn out steering. Does this sound correct? If not, I can't think of what it would be. I know that so many of these old GM cruisers could always be steered with one finger. Mine definitely cannot...not now. Help or advice appreciated. Many thanks.