Buick Regal Suspension Sucks

It seems I am always replacing either struts or mounts or both on my 1991 Buick Regal. I am the second owner . It only has 185,000 K on it and it goes through the struts etc. like crazy. I am guessing the
quality of the parts being used sucks. No wonder Monroe doesn't guarantee their product any more for a year cause god damn it they wear fast. Just a rant I guess. The rear left is bottoming out now and I suspect the strut is shot.
Check your springs.

Doesn't have springs in back.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:40:20 -0500, "Steve Mackie"

Sorry, check your spring.

Are you referring to that transverse black anamoly that stretches the full width of the car Steve ? On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:55:02 -0500, "Steve Mackie"

Yes ;)

By OEM parts or another brand if dissatisfied with Monroe. At 14 years old you may need more than just the struts. You may need control arm bushings front & rear.
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,834 miles_~_~_
JRL wrote:

Struts ought to last about 60-80k miles - assuming you don't off road it a lot. The set I put on my car several years ago were Gabriel. They were good. Last summer I decided to put on MOnroe. The new Monroe left front would not extend when I took the wire off, the right front was leaking oil pretty bad right out of the box. I did not even mess with the rears, I just took all 4 back and got Gabriels again. No more Monroes for me ever again.