Buick regal that shudders

Hi all,

I own a late modell '94 Regal and I love it, but lately it starts to shudder when I drive between 45 and 70mph. This only occurs when it's in the highest gear and I slighty press the accelerator or if I use the cruise control to gain speed. Come to think of it, it also happens

Is this a transmission thing or could it be the engine?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

It could also be unbalanced tires.

Reply to
clevere

It's usually a bad plug wire causing a misfire. Time for a tune-up.

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Michael wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Mmmm, after reading some stuff about CV joints it seems to be that problem spot on. I've also experienced a clicking (rasping sound) for some time during parking, coming from the front left-side of the car when it's in the maximum steering position... That also seems to be CV joint releated.

Reply to
Michael