Buick Rendezvous troubles/questions

We recently acquired an '03 CX Rendezvous from a family member, had

5800 miles on it. At just over 6000 miles warning lights started coming on, dealer says it needs a new BCM, it's in the shop for a week since there is a long wait on the part. In reading other message boards I see a lot if dissatisfaction issues with these vehicles, BCM's being the most common complaint, brakes, leaking gaskets of just about every kind.

Knowing that a majority of people who seek out help on message boards are those who have a problem and that there may be many more satisfied owners out there than not, I'm curious to know if anyone here has experience with Rendezvous - I've seen a few techs post - and if they have been as bad as the reading I've been doing would make them out to be? Do we have a shot at this being a one time thing, and that it won't happen again?

After my initial impression of this car being too mini-van for my SUV tastes it's definitely grown on me, I love driving it and it's very functional. My second question would be, does anyone know if the 3rd row seat can be added to the CX? It's listed as 'available' in the brochures with the CX Plus package. The carpet in the back looks like it's generic and has the cut-outs where the bench would lock in. Underneath those cut-outs it looks like are metal plates, I was curious if these are knock-outs and the mounts may actually be under there or easily installed? I'm assuming these vehicles roll off the same assembly line, so the 'bones' may be there -

Reply to
jlangan

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

Thanks - reading over there was what got me started on the BCM issues

- lots of troubles. I've seem some techs on this forum, thought maybe there may be some new opinions -

Reply to
jlangan