Buick runs for only 2 minutes

I have a 90 Buick Century with 3.3 L V6, 163K miles. Engine has been running well until all of a sudden it lost power and engine stalled. I can restart it if I wait 30-60 minutes. It runs great and then will
stall again within about 2 minutes. If I try to start it up up right away after it stalls engine won't even crank over - giving the impression like you have a dead battery. But waiting long enough the engine starts fine and runs for no more than 2 minutes.
Anyone have an idea what is causing this? It must be some electronic control component.

Alternator or battery. Get them both checked out. I would guess alternator.

I would check the battery cable connections at both ends.
These GM multiterminal cables sometimes get internally corroded. When that happens, you can get all sorts of symptoms, intermittently. You cant see it from the outside, but you can usually slip the rubber cover off and have a look at the internals.
Sometimes batteries can also be intermittent, internally.
When your car stalls, turn on the headlights and have somebody watch them when you try to start the car. If they dont dim badly, then the battery is probably not the problem.