Buick Sales in China

I saw the following on the net:

"Buick's promise is realized in China

"All the talk about Buick being a damaged brand that might be ready for euthanasia ignores a key point: Killing Buick would shift GM's brand lineup in China.That's right, Buick is a global brand.Buick brand sales in the United States dipped by 25,000 last year to fewer than 310,000 sold. But sales in China jumped by nearly 50,000 units, for a total of 253,656.In China, Buick is a revered brand. ... "

Can it really be true that GM sells almost as many Buicks in China as they do in the US? Anybody know which Buicks are offered in China?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Remember, China's population is nearly 4-times more than the US population...over a billion people live in that country.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I'm not sure about you guys, but the Royaum catches my eye.

And you have to remember too, they can kill Buick over here but keep it alive in China. Kind of like Opel, they were sold here for awhile but they stopped and they're still being sold in Europe.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

I wonder if those sales are more SUV, than cars? For 06 Buick will only have two cars in their lineup.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,643 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

Wonder what it would cost to import one to Canada, I like it, looks a little like a park ave. Image an import buick, it would put all those sports car imports to shame.

Dan.

Reply to
Dan Brow

Seriously, there is something wrong with GM, they sell all their cool designs in China, Australia, the UK, and Saudi Arabia.

Reply to
Paradox

It's a re-badged Holden Statesman, made in Australia and exported to China. Supposedly a version of the next-generation of this platform (Zeta) was to be built and exported to the U.S. as the Roadmaster - about 20k cars per year, taking over the GTO's production capacity in Holden's Elizabeth plant. Don't know if that's up in the air now or not, with the cancellation for Zeta in the U.S. (still planned for Australia)...

Reply to
Zaphod Beeblebrox