Buick Sales in China

I saw the following on the net:
"Buick's promise is realized in China
"All the talk about Buick being a damaged brand that might be ready for
euthanasia ignores a key point: Killing Buick would shift GM's brand lineup in China.That's right, Buick is a global brand.Buick brand sales in the United States dipped by 25,000 last year to fewer than 310,000 sold. But sales in China jumped by nearly 50,000 units, for a total of 253,656.In China, Buick is a revered brand. ... "
Can it really be true that GM sells almost as many Buicks in China as they do in the US? Anybody know which Buicks are offered in China?
Ed

Remember, China's population is nearly 4-times more than the US population...over a billion people live in that country.

http://www.buick.com.cn/en /
I'm not sure about you guys, but the Royaum catches my eye.
And you have to remember too, they can kill Buick over here but keep it alive in China. Kind of like Opel, they were sold here for awhile but they stopped and they're still being sold in Europe.
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:52:38 +0000, Phillip Schmid wrote:

Wonder what it would cost to import one to Canada, I like it, looks a little like a park ave. Image an import buick, it would put all those sports car imports to shame.
Dan.
-

they
Seriously, there is something wrong with GM, they sell all their cool designs in China, Australia, the UK, and Saudi Arabia.

It's a re-badged Holden Statesman, made in Australia and exported to China. Supposedly a version of the next-generation of this platform (Zeta) was to be built and exported to the U.S. as the Roadmaster - about 20k cars per year, taking over the GTO's production capacity in Holden's Elizabeth plant. Don't know if that's up in the air now or not, with the cancellation for Zeta in the U.S. (still planned for Australia)...
I wonder if those sales are more SUV, than cars? For 06 Buick will only have two cars in their lineup.