buick seat belt

Is there some sort of release on a Buick Park Avenue seat belt retractor? My passenger side belt in a 1999 Ultra won't pull out or retract all of a sudden. The belt isn't twisted, it just won't work.
Thanks
Dan
My 2002 is doing the exact same thing...
There has been a recall on these vehicles for seat belt problems. You might want to check with the dealer on this. The recall did apply to my 98 PA. Also, I think seat belts are warranted for a very long time.

Interesting on the 98 recall. Will have to check into that. I took it into the dealer and $45 later it's working. Claim is it was twisted "way down in there". I couldn't see any twist but I didn't take the cover off. Asked the service guy how to take it off and he was pretty evasive but did say there are some "clips" under it. I don't often take the car to a dealer. And this trip kind of reinforces my not doing so. I had a small oil leak -- about the size of a 50 cent piece. So asked them to check that out. They said it was a leaky rear valve gasket (which sounds reasonable.) The $330 it cost to fix it was a bit excessive I think. Claim there was there is a lot of things on the ultra that have to be removed to get at it. I was charged for antifreeze and mentioned to the guy that I'm not a car expert, but I do know there is NO antifreeze under the valve cover --- at least I sure hope not. His answer was that in taking some hoses off to get at the valve cover, some antifreeze was lost. That might have triggered a $20 "environmental" charge -- which has to be about 99.9% pure profit to the bottom line.
Did look over a brochure they have detailing a 60,000 mile checkup for a mere $599. The only real work they do is transmission service and an oil change with the rest being " check and inspect". Needless to say, I'm not paying $600 to someone to look at my engine.
Oh well, makes me appreciate my independent mechanic even more.
Dan

My cuz went to Toyota for her 50K ( $500 ) checkup. Sounds excessive. ( I don't know what they did ) She caims it's cheap insurance for 50K miles of flawlwss performaence.
re repairs; Looking at my BUICK engine, I can see where you'd spend two hours moving stuff out of the way, five minutes replacing a part then another two hours shoving it all back together. ???? <rj>