buing new car

I just bought new Allure. I would like to share with you some of my experience with dealers if this is the right group.

Boba Vancouver, bc

Reply to
Boba & Ilinka

Sure, why not? It's more on topic than Christina Aguilera naked.

Reply to
vince

Here is the letter that I sent to GM Canada.

Dear sir/Madame

My father drove 5 Opels (GM in Germany) from 1939 to 1975 and I just bought a second Buick.

I am also a shareholder and as a shareholder I am concerned about the future of GM. As a shareholder and as a recent customer, I would like to explain to you my reasoning.

Looking through your website, I decided that Allure is the most suitable car for me. The price at the time was CA $26,300. Dueck in downtown, Vancouver told me that he would trade in my old car for $3500. They picked up my old car from Carter and when I came in to sign the contract I saw that the price for my old car was only $1000. At that moment I made a big mistake. Instead of walking out right away, I began negotiating a price for my old car. In the end, we settled for the price of $2600. In addition to being tricked into settling for only $2600 for my old car, the price for the new car came to $26,300 plus $420 for the registration fee, plus $100 for air conditioning fee, and $25 for the gasoline. In conclusion, I was charged $26,845 for my new Buick, Allure instead of $26,000 as promised. I signed the contract anyways. Later on, when I reviewed the contract, I realized that the $100 for air conditioning was charged twice and the tank wasn't filled. Then, I checked all the items in the contract. Carter charges only $195 for registration fee. Tina from GM (1-800-263-3777 / 2764) also confirmed that the price is $195. I found out that the difference is Protector Plus from Roy, Speed & Ross Ltd. I found out that this difference ($420-$195) $225 is mandatory if you buy a new car in Dueck dealership. I would like to emphasize that the other car makers do not charge registration fee. I feel betrayed by Dueck. I expected to pay $26,300 for my new Allure but instead I was charged $545 more plus taxes. Dueck promises me to wave $125. Tina told me that I singed the contract and that she can not do anything.

My recommendations as a shareholder are:

- Prices on your website should be mandatory for all dealers and should include all expenses. Of course dealers could offer cars for less than the listed price.

- Dealers should itemize all items in the contract so that buyers know what they are paying for.

- Dealers are not supposed to add extra benefits as mandatory costs.

I am writing you this letter to recommend you that you, as a company, should protect your customers. New dealers can be easily found but new customers cannot. If you have bad dealers, if you sell defective cars, and if customer service is unsatisfactory, your business will go bankrupt.

Sincerely,

Slobodan Dojcinovic

Copy sand to: Vancouver Sun, Better business bureau, Dueck Down Town Vancouver and Dealers Associations in Vancouver.

"vince" wrote in message news:K68ud.39367$6f6.21311@edtnps89...

Reply to
Boba & Ilinka

You can be glad you didn't buy a Toyota, if you think the Buick dealer added a lot of smoke to the deal. LOL

mike hunt

Boba & Il>

I expected to pay $26,300 for my new Allure

Reply to
DustyRhoades

Well there's your first mistake. You ONLY looked at the GM website. What you should have also done is looked through some of the other websites on the Internet - and there are hundreds of them - that explain how to go about buying and negotiating the price of a new car.

GM tried the grocery store method of pricing where there was only one price, no dickering, no haggling. They did it when they created Saturn, and as of today, Saturn has never once turned a profit.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Not so Saturn is indeed profitable and has been for several years since earning back the investment for its completely new, and separate from all other GM, design, production and retail facilities.. Saturn was intended to determine if a small car could be produced in the US, separate from GM's economies of scale. Since is has demonstrated it to be possible, Saturn will be integrated into GM as a shared division

mike hunt

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Reply to
RustyFender

Interesting. The business articles I've read have also stated that Saturn has yet to turn a profit. The latest was a couple months back when GM had to pump in some cash (can't remember how much, I think $2-3 billion) to keep it going. I wish I had the links handy.

Reply to
James C. Reeves