Buy a Toyota or GM

Reply to
S. St. Nick

You are so true, many drive them because of small penises or small breast sizes. Seems like it would be cheaper to get breasts implants for $5-6k as opposed to spending 20-40k on an oversized vehicle.

Reply to
S. St. Nick

Alas American do not want to buy small cars. If they did more small cars would be sold and the small cars that are available would not be getting bigger with every model change. There are plenty of small cars offered by the imports and domestics but even the greatest growth in Toyota total sales, over the past five years, has been in SUVs and trucks not cars. Look at Honda they have tried to make a 'truck' out of the Accord in an effort to get some of the growing truck revenue ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

When I was in retail the most important question a customer would ask before signing on the bottom line was always 'How much is my monthly payment?' LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

One can not begin to compare the vehicles sold by ANY manufacture today, foreign or domestic with those they each made ten, or even five, years ago. Every manufacture is building high quality vehicles today that will easily last to 200K or more given the proper maintenance. The only real difference among them is style and price, period.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Correct.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Mike, as a banker, that's the same question I keep hearing too. The same goes for home mortgages.

Reply to
Cool Jet

and don't forget GM and the dex-coolant gasket leaks into the engine... why would you buy a GM...? their poor quality rotors, and brake pads, plus the gasket leaks with dex-coolant. and their poor quality night lights.

Reply to
Jake

Mostly they leak *outside* of the engine.

Predictable 200,000 miles is a good reason to start with.

Not really any worse than most OEM rotors. How many miles do you expect to get out of a set of rotors? I replace OEM rotors with aftermarket at the first brake job, but my GM rotors have consistently gone ~40,000 miles. You consider that to be inadequate?

You already used that one up. Sorry - no double dipping.

I'll give you this much on the lights - they could be better. I would not call them poor quality though. I'd put them about on a par with most of what comes from the manufacturers these days. Some are great. My daughter's '98 Malibu has the best headlights I've ever seen - anywhere. Go figure - on a Malibu. My '03 Grand Am is what I'd call... uninspiring. Not bad, but sure as hell not great.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Some people would like to think otherwise but I took many a sale from other dealers and other brands for as little as $10 a month, even among deals from one of our other stores Why anyone thinks a buyer will pay 20% to 30% more to buy a summarily sized and equipped car to get a particular brand in beyond my experience. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Nothing wrong with big cars, but SUVs and Mini vans have to go...there is just know place for them.

Reply to
S. St. Nick

You're right Mike - money talks!

Reply to
Cool Jet

Jake, It is Dex-Cool, not Dex-coolant. You look like a bigger idiot (if that's possible) every time you post.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

And many conplain about them for the same reasons.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Go ahead.....hold your breath.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

You are probably right, although I know a few who buy large SUVs for their safety. One of these, a lady, has driven off snowy roads a few times and she has been rear ended a few times because she drives so slow and wimpy.

Reply to
Spam Hater

In supermarkets while dodging cell phoning shoppers I couldn't help but overhear a few conservations. All I ever heard was trash talk, like: "I'm now buying xxx, what are you doing?" Perhaps spouse at home was guiding the shopper!

Reply to
Spam Hater

Unfortunately that's true. Now I'm interested in a smaller sized wagon. Not many around, the vans and SUVs have killed them. So it may have to be VW or Subaru.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Can we assume you do not have a wife and four or five children? LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Look at what the Korean cars are doing to the Japanese brands among foreign car buyers in the US. Hyundai is fourth in foreign car sales behind Nissan. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter