Buy a Toyota or GM

Page 2 of 3
John Horner wrote:

John, they are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous compared to the hideous Sienna! <lol>
Cool Jet wrote:

I hope you have a good looking expensive divorce attorney as well.
John Horner wrote:

That pretty much confirms my hunch John. Some people will accept bland and ugly to save a buck. ;-) You have to lighten up John and enjoy life a little. Learn to live with a few flaws. Beauty always has a few pimples from time-to-time.
I am a little sour with GM, admittedly. They have had a number of problems with engines, and earlier with transmissions, and have not really been too quick to step up to the plate and make good on them.
Toyota has a pretty good reputation as a company. Toyota has had some engine problems in the recent past which they claim came from poor maintenance.
Whatever you buy, change your oil and filter religiously, and maintain your tranny.
I personally may not buy another GM in the near future. I can only hope they will get their act together soon.

I do too...for myself, that is.

My wife's 2001 V6 Sybring must be extremely good, no quality maintenance problems at all- 100% prefect.
One can not begin to compare the vehicles sold by ANY manufacture today, foreign or domestic with those they each made ten, or even five, years ago. Every manufacture is building high quality vehicles today that will easily last to 200K or more given the proper maintenance. The only real difference among them is style and price, period.
mike hunt

Correct.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

The dam things are always in the way. At intersections, in front of you, they block a safe view.
The high ones should have a foot or two chopped off of them. I love it when they can't park in a low entry parking garage. <:)
Spam Hater wrote:

Many poor drivers drive SUV's and Van's merely as a means of self protection from their poor driving habits. Others buy them to alleviate their feelings low self esteem and inferiority. Yet others buy them as a weapon. But methinks most of them buy them for their utilitarian nature.

sizes. Seems like it would be cheaper to get breasts implants for $5-6k as opposed to spending 20-40k on an oversized vehicle.

And many conplain about them for the same reasons.
Dave

their safety. One of these, a lady, has driven off snowy roads a few times and she has been rear ended a few times because she drives so slow and wimpy.
Spam Hater wrote:

The most recent studies seem to indicate that the safety issue of being wrapped inside more steel, attributed to SUV's, is negated by their higher likelihood to roll over in even minor collisions. This was just mentioned again today on the early morning news.

A few years back, a lady driving an SUV (Escalade I think) and yep talking on a cell phone was too distracted to stop at a red light and thus rear ended a stopped Honda Civic (who was waiting for the red light) at about 50 mph, killing 2 innocent children in the back seat. 5000 pounds at 50mph versus a 2000 pound car. Physics. If the lady were in a 2000 pound car herself (instead of a huge SUV), the kids would have survived, most likely.
Tonight on my way home, a Chevy Tahoe was trying to make a left turn from the right lane. He had missed the left turning lane altogether, and was sitting in the regular forward lane and was thus impeding the traffic trying to go straight (light was green). But he couldn't turn left because there was a huge slew of traffic already in the left turning lane who weren't going to let this jackball in. Did he simply go straight and then turn around somewhere up the road? No. He waited there half a minute until the left turning lane was almost empty, then he made a left turn and almost crashed into a car that was turning left fromt he left turn lane. All the while there was a backup of cars wanting to go straight (and they had a green light), who were stuck behind this piece of fecal material. Everyone was honking. When he was finally out of the way (after making an illegal left turn), the light turned red, trapping us in a long cycle at that busy intersection. Kinda makes you understand why there are murders on the highways. Road rage? Or is it road revenge? Or justice?
-

You seem to have a very selective memory. Why not tell us about some of the idiots driving cars that you see everyday? Or are you blind to them because they don't fit in to your SUV bashing attitude.
Dave
JD wrote:

What if the person in the Honda had been driving a safe car? I saw a Honda rear ended by a Bonneville and the front wheels of the Bonneville were sitting in the Honda's rear seat. After the tow trucks pulled them part the Bonneville was driven to the side of the road, the Honda was drug onto a flatbed and the rest of its pieces tossed on top. Both were ~2000lb front wheel drive cars. I saw another small Honda rear ended by a small Toyota truck, the Toyota truck would could have driven all the way over but the driver stopped and put it in reverse and backed off. The Honda cut off the Toyota. Another one I was stuck on a 35mph street a few cars back from an intersection to a small side street and was stopped because the line of cars from a large intersetion were stopped at a red light and traffic was backed up that far. A guy in a little Honda came through the gap from the side street, didn't look at traffic coming the other way and was hit by a small Chevy Blazer. The Blazer driver hit the brakes and we heard the tires screech a bit and he hit the Honda in the passenger door. The Honda was thrown off the street and into a yard, landed on its wheels but the passenger door where was hitting the driver in the right arm, there was nothing left of the passenger seat. The Blazer had a bent bumper in the center, didn't even break the plastic grill. It was the old body style 2 door S10 blazer which weighed less than 2000 lbs (my 4x4 s10 truck was only 1500). Imagine if there had been passengers in those Hondas. It doesn't matter the weight of the other vehicle a Honda will loose, I won't ride in one myself. How about the little Honda that passed me on the highway, BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! as it slowly creeped by me in the left lane, cut in front of me then slowed down 10mph so I had to swerve around to keep from hitting him. For every bad SUV driver stories as you can come up I can give you two small car bad driver stories. Like the silver Honda that always parks in the same row as me and is never straight between the lines, if people can park full size SUV's straight between the lines, why do Hondas have to have one tire on the line? This isn't a deliberate park crooked because I think my car is a sports car its a normal every dad coffin that lots of people drive to work and back because they vale gas more than their life.

1500kg maybe, but not 1500 lbs.
Seems to me the Blazer has hovered around 3500-3800 lbs forever.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I noticed the big error in the weights quoted, but felt it just indicated the accuracy (?) of the story.
By the way the original VW Beattle weighted 1,600 lbs. The 1970-4 Datsun 510 weighted 2,000 lbs.- I had them.
Spam Hater wrote:

around 1500.