Buy a Toyota or GM

Page 3 of 3

Must have been a Honda Civic with the short rear. All such designs are unsafe in the rear when rear ended, regardless of the make. I believe GM sells a car like the Civic; probably built in Asia.
Spam Hater wrote:

hit in the passenger door. The one rear ended by the Bonneville was a regular 4 door with a truck and a fairly new model as well. The truck was laying on the other side of the highway and was one of the parts they threw on the truck after they drug the rest of the car on. Highway was shut down the whole time so I had nothing else to do but sit there and watch.

in more single vehicle accidents (going off the road) and the death rate is high. Generally they corner poorly and have little crush zone.
Now that there are so many large SUVs, about 50% around here, they are frequently crashing into one another. The results are terrible, all are usually killed. One of the advantages of keeping my oldie Concord is the fairly large crush zones at each end. It's that crush zone that absorbs the crash and saves the occupants. A stiff block of steel is no protection when hitting a solid object such as a tree or lamp post.
The nuts driving many of these large SUVs often follow far too close. When I can't let them ahead I usually leave more room in front of me so there is enough stopping space for both of is. If the road is quite curved and dry pavement I sometimes gradually speed up on each curve to the left and quickly shake them off. My they often hate that, because I've seen them almost lose it on the curves trying to keep on my bumper, which is quite impossible given my car's terrific cornering ability. Eventually when they catch and pass on a straight I have a laugh as they often shake their fist at me; for leading them astray I assume.

I love it too when they fly around and pull into a low ceiling garage entrance and the whole top roof and windshield gets smashed in. All because they are speeding like mainiacs thinking they are behind the wheel of a sports car and not paying attention because either they are on their cell phones or to busy with unruly kids who need to be dropped off at soccer practice.
Alas American do not want to buy small cars. If they did more small cars would be sold and the small cars that are available would not be getting bigger with every model change. There are plenty of small cars offered by the imports and domestics but even the greatest growth in Toyota total sales, over the past five years, has been in SUVs and trucks not cars. Look at Honda they have tried to make a 'truck' out of the Accord in an effort to get some of the growing truck revenue ;)
mike hunt

just know place for them.

Go ahead.....hold your breath.
Dave
Can we assume you do not have a wife and four or five children? LOL
mike hunt

Unfortunately that's true. Now I'm interested in a smaller sized wagon. Not many around, the vans and SUVs have killed them. So it may have to be VW or Subaru.
Spam Hater wrote:

Check out the Pontiac Vibe, or the Toyora Matrix (same car) I have one and it is the best car I've owned. It's classified as a wagon, but looks sportier that a typical wagon. It's based on the Toyota Corolla, so it has a good pedigree.
John

Matrix hold a full sized spare, a definite requirement for my long distance driving in sometimes remote country on slippery and snowy roads. The Corolla sedan does appear to have wheel well room for a full sized spare. If the longer Corolla was produced as a wagon, that may do it.
By the way if your suggestions did meet my needs I'd definitely not buy the Vibe. Better chance to get proper maintenance at the Toyota dealer, than at a GM dealer where there are limited staff knowledgeable on Toyota designs.

overhear a few conservations. All I ever heard was trash talk, like: "I'm now buying xxx, what are you doing?" Perhaps spouse at home was guiding the shopper! <:)

There are many, many knuckleheads out there who are in serious need of having their cell phones forcibly rammed up their asses. Yesterday, at the post office (I just needed stamps), a young lady was at the only open window, shipping about 5 items to 5 different addresses. The stupid bitch postal clerk, instead of telling the lady to pack her own items over on the table off to the side so she can help other customers, was actually helping the lady pack the items! 5 items. The postal clerk was wrapping the stuff in bubble wrap, putting peanut pack in the box, and taping boxes, the whole bit. Then the young lady's cell phone rings, and she actually answers it! She's gabbing on the cell phone while the postal clerk is wrapping HER stuff! I was livid. I rudely told the clerk to get me a book of stamps and that this isn't a full service "pack and ship" place like Mail Boxes, etc.. I was pissed. The clerk actually said to me: "well she was here first!" So I said, "yeah, but she should wrap her own items!" All the while, the lady was still gabbing on the cell phone (rude bitch). Time to grease up the cell phone.
-