Caddy brake line flairing tool

I'm replacing the rear brake lines on a 93 Seville. I'm trying to locate the correct flairing tool to produce the flare shown in the manual. The manual states not to use single or double flares but to
use an ISO flare produced with to 29803-A. The flare has more of a diamond shape that a standard bubble flare. Does anyone know where I could obtain this tool or recommend an alternative? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dave) wrote:

A Google search on "ISO bubble flare tool" yields hundreds of hits such as: http://www.kd-tools.com/3482.htm (cheap but will probably do after some practice) or: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=3 28&group_ID38&store=snapon-store&dirtalog (best bubble flare tool I've ever owned, makes perfect flares)
Having fabricated replacement brake lines on GM vehicles with bubble flare fittings (including my own 91 Seville) hundreds of times, I assure you, these -are- the correct tools.
I would just purchase new pre flared lines from Auto Zone or Advance Auto and bend them to fit. Save you a whole lot of cash. I know Advance has them because I just replaced lines myself.
Eightupman
(Dave) wrote:

Often times, the correct length is not available, even if one mixes different lengths. (I hate 'loops' that take up slack) There are also times where the threaded fitting (nut)is a different size from what comes on the replacement line and there isn't enough room to fit an adaptor, this necessitates cutting the old line, salvaging the old fitting, cutting the new line, installing the old fitting and re-flaring.
In the case of my 91 Seville, there was no way I ws going to fish new brake line all the way up to the ABS controller considering what a mess and tangle all the plumbing is in the LF corner of the car, since only the rear sections of line were vulnerable to rust and rot, it was much easier with less risk to cut the lines forward of the rot where they were still nice and clean, re-flare the old line where cut and install a union, then hang the new parts store line.