Cadillac Catera

I am on the market for another car, looking for something a bit more upscale. I talked to some people about the Cadillac Catera and they only have horror stories to tell. Is it really true that the
Catera is that bad like people say it is? Any of you here driving one? can you give us your experience? THe model I am looking at are early model years? 1997 or something like that?

Yes. Stay away, especially from the earlier years. Electrical glitches and head gasket problems are very common. The later (2000-2001?) cars are better, but, typical GM, get the car done right, time to kill it. The bad product years have ruined the car's reputation... Catera is relatively cheap for this reason.
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:23:37 -0800, "Orc General"

electronics. Oh... right the Diesel engine is a BMW.
Avoid the Catara they're nothing but money pits waiting to happen. If you want a Caddy but proven one's STS's Deville's etc. If money wasn't an issue the new CTS-V would be in my driveway.
Pay more initially you'll save in the long term (easier said than done, I know).

GTA wrote:

A Catera doesn't have one piece on it that could be considered to be Chevy.
Ian