Cadillac CTS steering wheel centering

I took delivery of a new CTS two weeks ago, and its been great with a slight steering wheel problem. Its off center slightly to the right, although the car tracks fine. I took it to the dealer, and got the
standard "we put it on the alignment machine and its within specs" deal, but the off center wheel bothers me. How difficult is it to get a steering wheel centered?
Anyone that has ever done an alignment can easily fix this. It is just a matter of adjusting the toe out on the right side and equally in on the left. It will not change any settings, just the relationship between the steering wheel and the wheels. A shop that won't help you is a shop you do not want to continue using. It can be within specs all day but if the wheel is crooked, it isn't done properly.

It's quite simple. There "are" actual specs for "allowable" steering wheel off center position...I think it's in the 3 degree range. But frankly, there is no reason why a dealer can't take a bit of time and get it right on the money. I'd be talking to the service manager and your salesman and get it fixed. Obviously you are aware that depending on road crown, the steering wheel can be off center one way or the other slightly and that's normal. You need to make sure that even on a fairly level road, the wheel is off center. Another trick that works is to take the shop foreman out for a ride with you, let him drive and observe the steering wheel off center, and then ask him...."if you paid such and such amount of money for a high end sport sedan, would you be satisfied with that"?
Ian
That is a very poor Cadillac "customer experience" ... find the owner and tell him/her of your complaint and the response you got. I've had at least 3 new vehicles with this problem (none Cad's, but all GM) and either it was promptly fixed or they asked me to log a few hundred miles more before they would fix it [not sure why, maybe to let the suspension settle more?]) ... Anyway, there is such a premium of $$ built into the price of a Cadillac that this kind of problem should always be fixed even BEFORE a customer takes delivery - sheesh.
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

get
If a toe adjustment is too much problem, they can rotate the steering wheel one tooth counter clockwise. It takes 20 minutes of effort...just pull the steering wheel and replace.
I can't say I've been impressed with service on my Caddi either.

"OCG" wrote

wheel
the
Why do people on these newsgroups insist on posting crap like this? This is not how you adjust "any" steering wheel off center issue on a GM vehicle. You do it correctly by adjusting the toe on each wheel. No self respecting place would adjust a steering wheel off center problem by attempting to re-index the wheel itself.
Ian
It's the pull the motor via the Oak tree lift and cinder block jack stand mentality.
--
John
"Anything you say can & will be misquoted & used against you"