Cadillac info wanted, just getting started!

Greetings all, hope no one minds a "newbie" posting questions... I'm working on a 1968 Cadillac I recently obtained and I know precious little about
Cadillacs (other than I've always liked them)! I know GM set them apart from most other brands and few parts swap. I've been browsing various websites, groups, chat rooms, etc. trying to soak it all up. What I really need is as comprehensive a list as possible letting me know which years share parts, options, etc. I've got a 472 with a cracked carb... so I'm looking for a carburetor. I've learned the 472 was around from '68 to '75 and a lot of parts interchange between it and the 500. I don't know if the carb's the same, of if say an Oldsmobile or Pontiac carb will bolt right up to the Caddy intake, stuff like that... If any of you fine folks could point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it! Thanks, Rod Z. "...to find the truth, I've even lied."
Check these out
http://www.cadillac.rocks.it http://www.cadillacparts.has.it http://www.cadillacchatroom.has.it All free to use.
Thanks for the response! I think I've already bookmarked one of them... lots of good info. Thanks again! Rod Z. "...to find the truth, I've even lied."
There are Interchange Manuals available (Hollander is one of the more well known) which lists interchangable parts. These are available at literature shops/vendors & could run you $80 to $200. Never used one myself. If you want to keep the car original/numbers matching (ie: not use after-market/'equivalent to' parts), most are still available thru wreckers or specialized parts suppliers such as Cadillac USA (who are pricey, but good quality ... for exanple your carb is about $250, with a $100 refundable core charge, which may not apply with your damaged carb). Personally, I find much of my stuff simply looking around swap meets and comparing the number on the castings. I carry a list of these numbers for reference.

working
from
websites,
as