Cadillac power steering

A friend of mine has a 95 Deville Concours. Because he heard a whining noise coming from the power steering pump he replaced it with a remanufactured power steering pump. Now that the pump has been replaced,
the power steering is harder to turn. Is there a bleed procedure or something else that he needs to perform after replacing the power steering pump? If there is, can anyone please tell us that procedure. Thanks for any help anyone can provide in helping us solve this problem.
Jabs

With the wheels off the ground and turned all the way to the left>add power steering fluid to the 'cold' mark>start engine and run at fast idle>recheck fluid level to 'cold' mark>turn wheels side to side withoutreaching the stop at either end>keep fluid level to 'cold' mark>return wheel to center position>continue running engine for 2-3 minutes>road test car(steering should function normally and be free of noise)>recheck fluid level now to 'hot' mark after system has stablilized at its normal operating temperature.
Dave S(Texas)
Dave, Thanks for your reply and help. We will give that procedure a try and post our results after we try it. Thanks again for your help.
Jabs

Well, we tried just about everything before we decided that the re-manufactured power steering pump that we got from Pep Boys must be a defective pump. So we purchased another power steering pump and installed it. We were right, the first pump was a defective pump. The steering works like new now.
Jabs